- Set the PATH and other environment variable
- Use of shell history facility and edit previously entered commands.
- Automating Tasks using scripts
- CLI Tools & uses
- Use the Linux shell to execute commands and manipulate files.
LPI General Linux II
- Identify the function of the Linux kernel and its associated features.
- Identify the steps and associated tasks involved in preparing for Linux kernel
- Create & Edit Linux kernel configuration files
- How the Linux Kernel is built.
Red Hat System Administrator
- Graphical installation of Linux
- Managing physical storage
- Terminal & the command line interface
- Learning how to install and configure local components and services (RPM)
- Establishing network and securing network services
- Understanding the Linux Directory Structure
- Managing and securing files (file types & file permissions)
- Administrating users and groups (user types, permissions & privileges)
- Deploying file-& print (CUPS) sharing services
- GUI-based tools and key command-line uses (Editors/Regular Expression, parsing)
- Job scheduling and the use of CRON
- Deploying Linux in a windows environment â€“ CIFS & NF.
Basic security skills
Hands on Lab Training
- Installing Linux â€“ Use Cases & Competency Evaluation
- Adding Storage, Creating File Systems and Partitions â€“ Use Cases & Competency Evaluation
- Linux hands-on Configuration â€“ Use Cases & Competency Evaluation
- Linux Shared Services in a Windows Environment â€“ Use Cases & Competency Evaluation
- Building & Configuring Directoriesâ€“ Use Cases and Competency Evaluation
- Creating Files and granting File Permission â€“ Creating Hard and Soft Links
- Adding Users and granting User Permissions â€“ Use Cases & Competency Evaluation
- Creating Scripts â€“ Using BASH Shell â€“ Use Cases & Competency Evaluation
- Managing Processes â€“ Use Cases & Competency Evaluation
- Execute Basic Operator Tasks â€“ Use Cases & Competency Evaluation
- Task Automation using Scripts â€“ Uses Cases and Competency Evaluation
- Task Scheduling using Cron â€“ Use Cases & Competency Evaluation
- Linux troubleshooting scenarios â€“ Practical problem scenarios, troubleshooting
- steps, resolution and Competency Evaluation.